Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Walking By Faith

Happy Wednesday! Today's post is hard for me to publish, but I hope it will be of encouragement to you.

Today, I share my journey of learning to walk by faith and not by sight. I hope you are encouraged by Jesus's love for all of us.


About a month and a half ago, out of nowhere, I started having anxieties about a few things that I was going to do. The choir tour that I went on is a prime example. I always look forward to touring with some of my best friends and singing at various churches across the state. For some reason, only known to God, as the tour approached, I became less and less excited. I knew that I needed to go, I couldn't back out now, and deep down, I didn't want to. Deep down inside of me, I knew that this experience would only be good for me and others. I wanted to go and be used by God, but I was struck by creeping anxieties.

I did end up touring and had an amazing time. There was no reason for my anxieties. However, it wasn't that easy. I had to overcome my nervousness and fear. I knew the only way to do that was to talk to people I trust about it, and cling to God and the truth I know. 

After the tour, as I began to get back into my routine, anxieties and doubts started to creep in again. I didn't know how to face them. Nothing like this had ever happened to me. Not knowing what to do, I again drew closer to God. 

Starting to realize that faith is the opposite of fear, I studied, and still am studying, faith. I have learned that we must always walk by faith. Things aren't always what they seem. 2 Corinthians 5;7 says, "For we walk by faith, not by sight." 

As I have been going through this journey of strengthening my faith, I have had to learn to constantly cling to Christ no matter what happens. Faith is not determined by our circumstances, but in spite of them. 

Another instance where my faith has been strengthened happened just a few days ago. I am not going to go into much detail because there is just SO MUCH to the story. The short version is that a few things in my life changed and I had to take a leap of faith in order to grow. I had to jump outside of my comfort zone, out of what I have known, to grow my faith.

While I have been going through this journey, God has revealed to me and reminded me of His constant presence. I have realized that God doesn't allow the weak to be tested, but rather, the strong.

Just remember that when you feel like your faith is gone, draw strength for the Giver of Life. He is only allowing you to be tested to grow you. I am still growing and am in no way even close to perfect. But, God not giving up on me and He won't give up on you either.

See where I link up here.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?