Wednesday, March 30, 2016

It's Not Over Yet

Most of y'all probably know about the terrorist attacks in Brussels since it all happened last Tuesday. As I was researching and reading all about the attacks, I was extremely saddened for the families of those who were killed and injured, and for those who did plant bombs and such. 

Soon after I had been reading, I was in the car going home. The radio was turned to one of our local Christian stations. It's Not Over Yet by For King and Country was playing on the radio. One who loves For King and Country, I knew the song and sang along. Then, I noticed it. The thing that flipped my day from despair to hope. The guy in the car in front of me. I saw him through the window dancing and singing along to the same song.

Your thinking, "So what?", right? Well, the reason why it turned my day upside down, in a good way, was because it reminded me that there are still good people in the world. It's not over yet. God is still on the throne and He is still working in the lives of people.

I believe that God is trying to remind me again and again of the fact that it's not over yet. On Easter Sunday, the message that was preached was on John 21. This particular passage is right after the resurrection of Christ when He meets the disciples in the middle of the lake. 

The point of the text was that even when we fail, it is not over yet. When the disciples fell away at the Crucifixion, they thought that they would no longer be Jesus's disciples and they went back to their day job, fishing. But, when Jesus met them on the lake, they discovered that failure isn't final. Jesus never stopped loving them. And He loves us more than we will ever know.

God had better things for them than fishing. He planned for them to shape the entire Christian church. They were sort of like the founders of it. There is life after failure because it is not over yet, God is not done yet. He has still get things to do. His love is more powerful than any of our failures or fears.

In the second section of John 21, Jesus tells Peter to feed His sheep. He tells Peter that following Him may mean a cross. But, as Matthew 6:24 says, anyone who wants to become a follower of Christ must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Him. 

Jesus reminded each of them, especially Peter that life is not easy. In the same way, life as a Christian is difficult. Sometimes we as followers of God have to do hard and uncomfortable things for God and His glory.

The point of this post was for me to reflect on what God is teaching me and to remind you that even if it seems like it's all over, it's absolutely not. God is still moving, working, and saving. It's not over yet.

encouragement post its not over yet For King and Country song music Brussels attacks Easter Christian radio


Go listen to It's Not Over Yet by For King and Country and read John 21. I promise you will be better for it.

Linking up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?