Friday, December 11, 2015

High Five for Friday!

Happy Friday! How was your week? Mine was great! Keep reading to learn the five high points of my week:

1. I am so excited that it is the Christmas season! It's hard to believe that Christmas is almost here again! To me, it doesn't really feel like Christmastime yet. That being said, I have already decorated, bought all of my Christmas presents, and have been doing Advent devotions, but none of those things seem to really make it fell like Christmas. Oh, well! Hopefully it'll start feeling like Christmas soon. You can learn about one of my Christmas traditions here.

2. Since it is now Dressember, I have moved my outfit posts to Monday's and Tuesday's. Also, each outfit post will contain two outfits instead of just one, and each post will be themed. On Monday, the theme was jean jackets, and you can check out that post here. On Tuesday, the post was themed 'a Little Edge' because each outfit had a little bit of edge. That post can be seen here

Also, I encourage you to prayerfully consider donating to Dressember. "Dressember uses fashion to advocate for women who've been exploited for their femininity. As women take on the creative challenge of wearing a dress for the 31 days of December, they are advocating for the inherent dignity of all women." (source) There are women everywhere who are being abused. As a matter of fact, many of these women and girls are US citizens. There are more slaves in the world now than there ever were before. According to the U.S. State Department, 600,000 to 800,000 people are trafficked across international borders every year, of which 80% are female and half are children. It takes people like you and me to change that. Please consider donating to help these women and children. Donating is fast easy and secure. You can donate here.

3. On Wednesday, a couple of my friends and I decided to try out Sharpie tie-dyeing. It turned out pretty well. I do have to say that making your design quickly helps. Also, we used BIC permanent markers instead of Sharpies, so that may have made a difference as well. Here is how mine turned out:




4. On Thursday, Nina from A World of Dresses wrote a post about me for her My Closet series. I was honored and had a great time answering her questions and reading her post. Nina is incredibly sweet and a great blogger who has a wonderful writing style. I encourage you to check out her amazing blog!

5. I have a sort of moderate weekend planned which I am looking forward to. I like doing things and going out of the house, but sometimes I just need a little rest time which I will have a bit of this weekend. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

See where I link up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?