Friday, July 10, 2015

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday! Thank goodness it's Friday. Check out the five high points of my week:

1. I mentioned briefly here that the reason it has been so quiet around the blog lately was because I went on a 10 day choir tour of South Carolina. The choir was comprised of 31 members and 5 leaders. I had so much fun! Like I mentioned, the choir toured all over South Carolina. We sang at 7 different churches, and sang for 9 services. This is the second year that I have been a part of the tour. God's presence was felt so much. We had such a God-inspired, amazing, fun, spiritual, great time!

2. Tuesday, I posted an outfit post. The outfit was of one of my favorite color combinations: coral and gold. You can see the full post here.


outfit ice cream strawberry choir tour heat summer dress tank

3. Clutch bags have been on my mind for a long while now. I have really been on the hunt for one recently, though. I have looked absolutely EVERYWHERE. I have found some super cute ones, but they are so dang expensive. I really don't understand why clutches are so expensive since they are so much smaller than regular sized purses. If you find one that is cute and cheap, PLEASE TELL ME!

4. I posted yesterday 5 Simple Ways to Beat the Heat. One way was to wear cool clothes. I also mentioned that I practically live on dresses and tank tops during Summer. While I was on the choir tour, we had a couple of chances to go to shopping malls. One of the days, I bought this cute dress from Forever 21 and this cute tank from H&M. Apparently, lace was on my mind. :)

outfit ice cream strawberry choir tour heat summer dress tank

outfit ice cream strawberry choir tour heat summer dress tank

5. Recently, we purchased an ice cream maker. It was bought to replace an old, dinky, loud one that had stopped working. Per usual, the ice cream maker came with a manual complete with recipes for ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, and gelato. I have never eaten gelato before, so when I saw the recipes for gelato, I knew that I had to make some. So, yesterday I made some fresh strawberry gelato. Recipe here.

It was super hard trying to find a gelato recipe that didn't call for egg yolks. Thankfully, the recipe I mentioned above didn't call for egg yolks. The reason why I did not want to put egg yolks in my ice cream was because I didn't want to have to deal with all of those whites, and it just seemed like a lot of trouble. :) #lazy

Anyway, the gelato turned out great! It tasted so yummy and was super creamy! The strawberry flavor was on point.

outfit ice cream strawberry choir tour heat summer dress tank

Have an amazing and restful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?