Tuesday, June 16, 2015

10 Must-Haves for Summer

Happy Tuesday! It is great to be back at the grind after vacation. I had such a great time, but it is super nice to get back to the regular swing of things.

Summer is here! I feel like it snuck (a word, not a word? It is in my book!) up on me. Somehow I thought it was still going to be in the 80's in these parts, but today's high is 100 degrees! Goodnes gracious! Here are a few of my must-haves for summer:



10 Must-Haves for Summer

1. Flat Sandals
For me, comfortable, flat sandals are vital for traipsing around town, going to festivals, or the beach. These are perfect! They look cute, comfortable, and versatile. The fact that they are affordable is an added plus.

2. Sundress/Maxi Dress
I have lots of dresses in my closet, but I always make sure that I have a few sundresses and/or maxi dresses. In the heat of summer, all I want to wear is breezy, comfortable dresses. Of course, they have to be cute, too.

3. Dry Shampoo
Summer means heat, and heat means sweat. I am not one who likes to be sweaty, and I'm pretty sure sweating isn't your favorite thing either, so after the beach, or just being outside, I like to freshen up my hair with a little dry shampoo so that it doesn't look gross. I even use dry shampoo in all seasons to eliminate greasiness.

4. Sunglasses
Sunglasses are super key to being able to see when summer rolls around. There is nothing like squinting to see what and who is around you. I hat to squint and it actually gives me a headache, so I always make sure that I have super cute sunglasses handy. I am really into aviators right now, and these from Francesca's are adorable. 

5. Swimsuit
I always like to look my best, even at the beach and pool, so a cute, well-fitting swimsuit is a must. I usually go for brightly colored ones, but this one from Target is too cute. I just can't get enough of the scallops!

6. A Good Book
While I do like to relax and bask in the sun at the beach or pool, I also really like reading. I try to make sure that I have a good book, or ebook, right beside me. I like fun, fiction books, but I also like books that I can really learn something from. This book is inspiring, thought-provoking, life-changing, and just plain great! I laughed and nodded my head in agreement all throughout the book.

7. SPF Lip Balm
I have been an EOS wearer for a while now, and the Lemon Drop kind with SPF 15 is perfect to keep your lips hydrated and from getting sunburned. I like all of their (flavors? scents?) of lip balm, but my most used one is Lemon Drop. It has a light scent and feels so smooth.

8. Bright Nail Polish
For me, summer means bright colors. I wear tons of brights during summer, but I really like painting my nails with bright colors. When I was searching the web for a brightly colored nails polish, this is the first one that I saw. When I spotted it, I knew that it would be perfect. The color is amazing, and I really love essie.

9. Beach Bag/Tote
When I go to the beach, I pack everything under the sun. Let's face it. When I go anywhere, I pack everything under the sun, but especially the beach. Packing lots requires a bag to fit it all. This tote is perfect. I love the woven straw, and the tassel is so cute!

10. Soft Shorts
Soft shorts like these are super big this summer, especially ones with pom poms. Personally, I think that they are the best thing since sliced bread. They are just like palazzo pants: they feel like pj's, but can be worn out! How awesome is that?! If I haven't sold you, you must be a robot. :)

That's all! What's on your summer must-have list?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?