Wednesday, May 13, 2015

How I Style It: Maxi Dress

How I Style It: Maxi Dress. Black maxi dress, chambray shirt, pink statement necklace, white sandals. #maxedoutmaxi #BowsandClothes #chambray

How I Style It: Maxi Dress. Black maxi dress, chambray shirt, pink statement necklace, white sandals. #maxedoutmaxi #BowsandClothes #chambray

How I Style It: Maxi Dress. Black maxi dress, chambray shirt, pink statement necklace, white sandals. #maxedoutmaxi #BowsandClothes #chambray

How I Style It: Maxi Dress. Black maxi dress, chambray shirt, pink statement necklace, white sandals. #maxedoutmaxi #BowsandClothes #chambray

How I Style It: Maxi Dress. Black maxi dress, chambray shirt, pink statement necklace, white sandals. #maxedoutmaxi #BowsandClothes #chambray
Outfit details:
Dress: Kohl's (similar, similar)
Top: Old Navy (exact, similar)
Necklace: Old Navy (similar)
Bracelet: Charming Charlie (similar, similar)
Sandals: Kohl's (similar, similar)

Happy Wednesday! Today I am linking up with Jaclyn from Beauty and the Binky, Alyssa and Tracy from Glitter + Ruffles, Tif from Bright On a Budget, Becky from bybmg, Jill from Doused in Pink, and Rachel from Garay Treasures for their second How I Style It Link-up. Their link-up is how you style a maxi dress/skirt. I linked up with them last month, too when they did colored pants. You can see that post here.

When I learned that they were doing maxis for their link-up, I was super excited because I love maxis. I practically live in them! (not really. I am just being dramatic, but you know what I mean. :)) They are so versatile, especially neutral ones like the one I am wearing. Plus, they are the comfiest dress/skirt on the planet.

I also love chambray shirts and statement necklaces, so this combo is a definite win! Tying your chambray shirt like this defines your waist, and it makes you legs look a mile long.

 I wore this exact outfit (except that I didn't wear the same statement necklace) a couple of Sundays ago. I picked it out because we had a luncheon right after church, and I wanted something comfy, cute, and casual. This outfit fit the bill perfectly.

Hmmm. Comfy, cute, and casual. I say that a lot, don't I? Probably because that is really what my personal style is built upon. Pieces that are comfy, cute, and casual are the only pieces that I buy. I never buy anything that doesn't fit those parameters. Except for pieces that I purposely buy for church or for fancy outings.

How do you usually style your maxis?

Photography by Allie D.

Linking up with Thursday Fashion Files The Pleated Poppy, Tucker Up, Because Shanna Said So, and those listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?