Friday, May 22, 2015

High Five for Friday- Summer Edition

Happy Friday! It has been pretty quiet here at home this week. Not much has really happened. Because not much happened, I decided to do a Summer Edition of my regular High Five for Friday post. Plus, it is Memorial Day weekend, which, in my book, kicks off Summer.

To be honest, I forgot that it was Memorial Day weekend mostly because my family and I usually don't really celebrate it that much, and because I can be pretty forgetful sometimes. I can remember birthdays, phone numbers, names, and faces, but if you try to get me to remember the important stuff, your trying will be in vain. :)

Anyway...

1. One thing that I really love about summer is all of the light, yummy food. Summer picnics and barbecues are my favorite! I especially love all of the fresh fruits and vegetables, too. As a matter of fact, right now there is a giant cantaloupe and a luscious watermelon calling my name from the kitchen. 

I really want to try this Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake, this Raspberry Sorbet, and this Avocado and White Bean Salad. They all look super fresh and yummy! I'll tell y'all if I like the recipes if I ever get around to trying them.

2. I also love going to the beach. The beach is my all time favorite place to travel. Beaches that I have gone to and loved are: Hunting Island, South Carolina, Folly Beach, South Carolina, Outer Banks, North Carolina, and Isle of Palms, South Carolina. As you can see, I like to stay in the Carolinas.



These two pics are from Hunting Island. I loved Hunting Island! The beach was very secluded, was bright, and gorgeous. There were little crabs, lots of seashells, and so much beauty!


This picture is from Outer Banks which was equally as gorgeous as Hunting Island. The beach was secluded, not too hot, beautiful, and so much fun. They have amazing beach houses in Outer Banks that are very cheap.

3. While I love the beach, I also like sitting out by the pool and reading a great book (plus tanning, of course). Right now I am reading Love Idol by Jennifer Dukes Lee. Let me tell you, It is wonderful! It can also be a devotional, and it has discussion questions in the back. Jennifer Dukes Lee is such a great writer! She just draws you in, and it is hard to put the book down.

I recently finished The Giver, by Lois Lowry, which I really enjoyed! It was a great, delightful read that left me crying and laughing.

4. I love the colors of Summer. Coral, bright blue, bright pink, fresh white, all of them. They are just so pretty and fun. They brighten up my day! I am really loving coral right now. What is your favorite Summer color?

5. The beautiful days are just so pleasant! On those beautiful days, and since I have more time during the Summer, I like to craft. I recently finished a blogging binder that I absolutely love! Yesterday, I posted about how I made the dividers and monogram cover for it, and next Thursday, I will post the full reveal. You can see the full post here.


Have a great Memorial Day weekend!



Bright on a Budget

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Do you have something to say?